The Princess's Diaries

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Great Day

What a productive and exciting day I've had! Today was the Art Department's Open House which we third years organised to raise funds for our degree show. We had a load of art work for sale as well as stalls with homemade cakes, greetings cards and jewellery. My mian responsibilites lay with the art work side (which is the biggest source fo funds). In our sub-comiitee we had to mount and prepare loads of works, organise them, liase with artists about prices and commissions and so on. I feel like I've learnt a lot just from the role i played in that group. It was also fun selling the work! In fact the whole day was a lot of fun (i spent a lot of time jive-ing to upbeat christmas songs!) and although i don't know yet how much we managed to raise in the end, there were some highlights in the meantime: my housemate won first prize in our raffle for a meal for two in a Lancaster restaurant (hope he takes me!), i bought a couple of works that i really like from my friends, and Imogen is gonna put some glitter on her painting for me :D, and also the response to my own work was really encouraging: I was persuaded to put some of my first-year paintings into the sale although i thought they were useless, but loads of people stopped to examine (admire?) them and loads commented favourably, and at least one of them sold! Hurrah! The pieces are of Luton, using photocopies of black and white photos of Luton from the olden days incorporated into black and white paintings. Hurrah for Luton!

Here's one of my Luton paintings



The other thing in my excellent day was cell. Bit too tired to write about it tonight but it was awesome. We prayer-walked and did some yellin, shared communion in a cosy room and testified about God's greatness to each other. The Holy Spirit rules.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sipech said...

You may like to know that Luton is being featured in Songs of Praise next week (11th).

December 04, 2005 10:40 AM  
Blogger Harriet said...

Yes... they wanted to use our building at work but we didn't look enough like a hospital...

I like your picture!

December 05, 2005 3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home