The Princess's Diaries

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Wiggle Wiggle

*Squeals!* I seem to be spending a lot of my time feeling eprmanantly excited and uplifted by the things i have the opportunity to do - how blessed am I?? On the way home from dance practice i bumped into the lovely guy Simon who was getting the same bus into town - he was just off to his regular dance class in a community centre in Lancaster, so he invited me along! My first ever salsa lesson! I think salsa is my favouritest of dances. It's energetic, sexy, wiggly and the man has to be a strong lead and sweep the lady all around the place - lots of turns and spins and wiggly bits. It's so good! We began just with Simon teaching me some moves and dancing together but when the formal teaching started - as a complete beginner in a non-beginner class - i was given proper one-to-one tuition. The teacher said i'm very responsive to a man's leading - lol. If the bank balance allows it, i'm going to start going regularly, cos i'll normally get to do hip-hop and more ballroom as well. Ooo how exciting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Harriet said...

I envy you. I'd love to learn to ballroom dance...

*stares dreamily into the distance and thinks of Strictly Come Dancing...*

October 26, 2005 1:26 AM  
Blogger Jude said...

you go girl!!! thats all sounding very very cool!

October 26, 2005 8:59 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

Haz! Find out about classes in Hitchen/nearby, clear an evening per week and drag Tim along! It's the best thing ever.

October 26, 2005 1:34 PM  
Blogger Alina said...

oh, and regarding strictly come dancing: the cool thing is, some of the stuff you see them doing on the show is actually basic steps, but because they're dancing well (and wearing pretty dresses!) it looks amazing - so one can be impressive even as a beginner!

October 26, 2005 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home