The Princess's Diaries

Friday, June 17, 2005

My Aslan 2

Thought i'd also let y'all know bout my bootiful lion. Our art deadline was 9am monday morning and for the last 2 weeks (since my art theory exam) i've been in the department all hours - often starting 8.30 am and going home on the last bus at 1.08am which is pretty knackering! for the first of those 2 major weeks i spent every night covering the beast in fibreglass which i was constantly scared would stick inside my lungs and kill me (even went to the nurses' unit one night) and the second week was spent covering the fibreglass in wadding and fur. it is such gorgeous fur - it's all golden and scruffy. and of course the biggest palava was making his mane which is thousands of unravelled strands of wool - thank you to all my friends who helped out! couldn't have done it without you!

Now he's living in his special room ( a photography darkroom padded out with duvets on the walls, carpet on the floor and blankets draped hazardously across the light fittings) and he seems perfectly at home there. Come monday morning he was not quite finished (my biggest regret is that he has no sharp claws) but he'll do. He's also slightly too soft rather than muscular.

When i've figured out how to put photos on my blog i'll post one so you can see him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home