The Princess's Diaries

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Snow Day!

Who can describe the deliciousness of a Snow Day? I think Bart Simpson made a good attempt once. It's the excitement of pulling back the curtain to see that yes, indeed, the whole street is covered in several inches of snow...the feeling of anticipation as you wait, snuggled up in a warm bed, for the radio to tell you that your school is closed and you don't have to get up at all...and going back to sleep, knowing that when you wake up you can run outside and play!

I think I spent the entire day with a childlike giggle bubbling just beneath the surface, the kind that sets your cheeks into a permanent grin. My first task of the day was to make a little snowman with a funny face in my back garden, in view of the backdoor. I was sort of hoping he might come to life, but it's not Christmas so i guess it was unlikely.



After lunch it was time to go sledging with other excited people who had the day off work - we went up to Pope's Meadow. The views across a snow-covered Luton were stunning, and it was great to be surrounded by loads of people having lots of fun :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home