The Princess's Diaries

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

*Stop the Press!* Alina Dances!

Amusingly, you can watch me dancing online! Just visit www.lancs.ac.uk/socs/lubds and go to 'Roses' then 'Beginners Quickstep' and there you shall find me! The video shows a practice session on the day of the Roses competition where Greg and I won second place out of six for our dance and I got my first ever sporting trophy :) My topline is particuarly poor in this practice but we kept in time beautifully I as far as I can tell!

Ballroom dancing has been one of my absoute favourite things about my final year at uni and I was very sad to say goodbye to the society and my dance partner Greg. We had a special last dance when my mum came up for a weekend. She really came to see my art show but we did a little run through the routines we could remember (by this point hadn't danced the regualr ballroom and latin routines for about 7 weeks) so that she could watch us! It was lots of fun and a good end to our dancing relationship!

Now that I'm back in Luton I shall have to find somewhere and someone else to dance with!

4 Comments:

Blogger Steveybabe said...

Well done! It was nice to actually see how much you enjoy it :o)

I'm going up to Lancaster next week to see my uncle and family. Tis a shame you're back in Luton now!

July 06, 2006 6:07 AM  
Blogger Sipech said...

Very good stuff. Do you extra points for getting very close the edge? On a few occasions I thought your partner was going to run you both into the curtain!

July 07, 2006 4:00 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

no no, in fact greg is very excellent as directing our course! He always knows exactly how to steer around unexpected obstructions like other couples, or how to shorten or lengthen our steps so that we can fit the steps into the length of the room. We normally use a hall nearly twice as big as that space so we were actually dealing with a slightly squished situation, but i think we did very well

July 07, 2006 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Amazing. It was so fab to see you dancing… I had no idea you were so good - yey! I hope you find somewhere to carry on back in Luton.

Maybe you can show me some moves at Batchwood! ; )

July 07, 2006 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home