The Princess's Diaries

Monday, June 05, 2006

My 22nd Birthday Part 2

I fully recommend celebrating one's birthday on the day before the actual date; this way, it feels like you have two birthdays in a row.

Today, after having a bit of a stressful time with my art work in the department, i had a lovely afternoon cup of tea in the sunshine with my new friend Jristos (who seems to think he can take me on a bike ride up the canal next Sunday, but i'm highly doubtful myself). Later we had a ballroom dancing sociaety workshop on Rock n Roll, and my freind Lisa came too, and it was one of the most awesome things ever!! Rock n Roll is one of my favouritest dances - we did bunny hops and lifts and spinny-on-the-floor-hurt-your-butt moves and in the two-hour session we probably burned about a million calories each and sweated absolute buckets. So then of course Lisa and I had to go and sit on the grass with drink or two and some fish and chips to get our strength back and enjoy the last of my lovely fifth of June warmth...then we moved to the bar where we showed of some of our newly acquired Rock n Roll moves (included both us us hurting ourself on sofas)! Arrived home to find a pile of post just for meee! Wot larx were had by all!




A picture in honour of Harriet

4 Comments:

Blogger Harriet said...

Was one of the bits of post from me...?

Did it fit through your letterbox?

June 06, 2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

Yay! It was! I'm not sure if it fitted but my housie Luke was in when it arrived so it got inside my house one way or another!! Thank you!!

Look - i'm going to post up a picture as a tribute to the lovely Harriet (you'll have to read her blog to get what i'm on about though)

June 06, 2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Harriet said...

Yay!!

Ooh...I like the jewellery laydee hanger thingy...

June 09, 2006 2:37 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

Yeah! i call her my Little Ladie. Ive wanted one for ages, especially since one of my art firends Lisa bought on for her art installation - i let my friends pick whichever one they wanted and they got me a green and blue one! so perfect! i await the gift of roller blades from my parents - i can't wait!!

June 10, 2006 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home