The Princess's Diaries

Monday, June 05, 2006

My 22nd Birthday Part 1

Heehee! My 22nd birthday celebrations have so far been quite similar to my 21st birthday celebrations! Last year's Sunday afternoon barbecue was so much fun that i decided to have another one! I always love occassions when my friends from different circles can be in the same place - friends from church and cell and art and my housemates all together :D Last year i was blessed with a lot more sunshine but today was still very warm and we spent most of the day outside. I really have had such a lovely day, and it went remarkably smoothly considering I've had no time to plan or organise it given my current workload - although i think the smooth running is largely thanks to Phoebe, Lizzy, Anna, Nath, Luke, Joe and Pete pushing me out of the kitchen and getting on with preparing the food themselves!

After eating way too much food, and being subjected to Sotirios's Sunday Night Lonsdale Quiz (he wrote the quiz for tonight's social in our college bar) we eventually headed over to the park across from my house where we played frisbee ( i actually played this year!) and where i rode Luke's bike and realised how funny it is when you try to do so after not having ridden for years, and where i discovered the perfect car park for using my birthday roller blades which i will purchase soon. We watched the sunset at around 930 and then it was a bit cold so we went back inside to watch The Godfather. I've had a fab day *grins sleepily* amd now i'm off to bed so i can wake up on my birthday and have another great day :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Heath said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I hope the weather is a bit better for you today than it is down here.
but have a great day!

Wooo! PARTY PARTY PARTY!

Dave

June 05, 2006 1:14 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

"I'm nervous!" lol, i'm not really. bring on the psychedelic cheeseboard!

June 05, 2006 1:30 AM  
Blogger Steveybabe said...

Happy Birthday Alina!

I'm sorry - somehow I missed this in my diary - in it goes for next year!

June 07, 2006 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home