The Princess's Diaries

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Foolishness!

I somehow managed to leave my key behind in Luton when i departed for Lancaster yesterday...how silly?! With housemates not returning for another week and the housing office closed until tomorrow, I am currently thoroughly locked out of my house. It's a situation I'm really not comfortable with. It doesn't help that I have awful stomach cramps and I just want to curl up in bed with my pig-shaped hot water bottle. Actually, that's probably the only reason I'm desperate to get home - if i didn't feel so bad it would be quite an adventure really. An adventure involving sitting in the university library writing my dissertation. Hmm...exciting. Luckily i have a wonderful friend called Danielle who I can stay with, so i shouldn't be whinging really!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sipech said...

You're not the only one. Some of our ditsy freshers handed their keys in when they left, and came back the day before reception opened! I'm just glad that no one was at reception when I left, or else I too would have been sleeping in a corridor!

April 19, 2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh, honey.....!

I'm sorry I passed my lockey-outey-silliness onto you!

I hope you get in soon, and don't pass it on to anyone else!

April 19, 2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger Alina said...

haha - yeah i wonder who'll catch it next!
i got some spare keys from the housing office this morning so i'm back home now, desperate to get on properly with my dissertation. It was actually really nice to stay with my friends danielle and joe last night because even though they live near me i hardly ever see them outside of church or cell, cos we're always so busy. Nice to be home though :)

April 20, 2006 4:53 AM  
Blogger Harriet said...

I left my keys on the coffee table yesterday as I left to go to orchestra. Tim stayed in and didn't go to the pub so that he could let me in (I went to the pub).


Does that count? It's not really a tale of wandering round Hitchin to find a place to stay - he just let me in when I knocked on the door...

April 21, 2006 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home