The Princess's Diaries

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Now I'm the King of the Swingers...

That's just a little quickstep tune wootling around in my head! I passed my bronze ballroom and silver latin medals this evening, scoring Highly Commended (the top grade) in each dance!!! I had to been too chicken to pre-book into the exams; i was only there to dance with my partner Greg so he could be assessed for his silver in latin. During practice i decided i might as well get assessed with Greg, especially as they would let me skip the bronze and go straight to silver. Then we thought we might as well do our bronze ballroom too...before we realised we don't know a waltz routine that is complex enough but not too complex! (waltz and quickstep being the normal dances to do for bronze)...so i had the bright idea: "why don't we do our foxtrot routine?!" You gotta understand that beginners rarely dance foxtrot cos it's pretty difficult to get it right! But I love it to bits so we did it anyway, and i was so nervous that i forgot my steps and had to start again, but the examiner told us we had 'perfect rhythm' and that's the best compliment i could have asked for in the foxtrot! Oh and the latin silver medal was fine - we danced jive, cha cha and rumba routines - i was surprised to be told i had clean foot and leg actions when they felt like they were quaking with fear! Wibble!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sipech said...

Well done m'dear. So, any plans on going for a gold routine or is that a little too much to ask just yet?

March 23, 2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger Harriet said...

Wohoo!!! Well done mate!

I'd give you a mexican wave...but I'm the only one here...

March 24, 2006 10:49 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Very well done, honey :o)

Really.

I would love to dance - perhaps I'll pull my finger out and do it next year...!

March 24, 2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger Alina said...

Aw thanks guys! Unfortunately, Si, I have no more opportunities before i leave uni to take more medal tests. I'm scouting out Luton to see if they have a ballroom dancing school though. Meanwhile i shall be competing with Greg in the next inter-university competition in Manchester on the 29th of April, trying our best with all the dances we can manage! We're also representing our uni in the Lancaster vs York Roses sports competition on the 2nd May, dancing our lovely quickstep routine. I'll let you know how we fare...

March 28, 2006 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home