The Princess's Diaries

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Jak Sie Masz?

Calloo Callay! This year's art trip with the department is to Warsaw! After avoiding the rubbishy trip to New York for the last two years, i'm so pleased that the department came up with a good idea for this year! What with my alternative art trip to Prague last year and my recent interest in learning Russian, i'm getting well into the whole eastern European thing! Love it!This'll be the first time i've been to Poland since i was a wee 6 year old (although my cousins do keep inviting me to stay.) My memories mostly consist of grey council flats and weird concrete play-areas. I wonder what it's really like.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Heeheehee: "'O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!' He chortled in his joy"

A very favourite poem of mine.

And woo about Warsaw. Dunno - never really been that excited about Eastern Europe, but so many people I know go and rave about it in general, that I think I should perhaps mozey on over.. !

October 12, 2005 7:38 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

"This'll" - what kind of an abbreviation is that?! One needs to keep ones grammar up to scratch. We would not want someone "Would of" instead of "would have" now would we?! btw that rocks that you're going to Poland!

October 13, 2005 3:19 AM  
Blogger Harriet said...

What's wrong with "this'll"?

It makes more grammatical sense than "We would not want someone (to use)"Would of" instead of "would have" now would we?!"

I like that poem too...

Warsaw! Wohoo!

October 13, 2005 6:12 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

lol, i love grammatical bitching. how appropriate for it to take place on my blog! i adore the jabberwocky too...my bro and i declaim it to each other whilst brushing out teeth or washing up. tis fab.

October 13, 2005 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home